Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- SDHC works (7 pro 64bits) ;
- USB works (7 pro 64bits) ;
- no driver needed (7 pro 64bits) ;
- 16GB SDHC : write 9MB/s ;
- 16GB SDHC : read 20MB/s ;
- only $4.80 ! ;
- poor build quality ;
- internal USB cable is a bit short ;
- sometimes, some unknown USB device appears on device manager and the reader do not work. red led goes off. Just reboot computer and it works again ;
- plastic face blocks cards because poor build quality ;
What would you expect for a below $5 item ?
It works, reads SHDC (could not test other cards), that should be enough to get it if you are after a cheap SDHC reader.
If you need some card reader but won't use it much, this is cheapest you can get and it just works.
Try to install it so you can plug it to motherboard, because cable is short.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.