DX  » Community » Reviews » 2-in-1 Micro USB / 30-Pin Female to 8-Pin Lightning Male Adapter for Iphone 5 - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 5
Useful to an extent – 2-in-1 Micro USB / 30-Pin Female to 8-Pin Lightning Male Adapter for iPhone 5 - Black Reviews

posted by kurtletheturtle on 02/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Works perfectly, and does exactly what it should. Was so happy to find this as I have heaps of the old apple cords, and had absolutely no idea what to do with them when I bought an iPhone 5!
Cons:
Due to width of the adapter, you will probably have to take off your iPhone 5's case in order for it to connect properly, not necessarily a big deal, but it's an annoyance for me- so much so that I will be ordering an adapter that has a cord in between the femaile 8-pin adapter and the lightning male part.
Other:
The addition of the micro usb port is a handy feature, however, I am yet to use it.
Bottomline:
If you need an adapter for your old apple cords, then this is a great buy, however, if you have a case on your iPhone that doesn't have a large open bottom, than I suggest you buy a different adapter. That's of course unless you have no issue with removing your case every time you need to use the adapter!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections