• Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Handy, but not wonderful – 2 * PS2 Game Controllers to PC USB Convertor Reviews

posted by dothacker on 09/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
*Converts PS2 controllers to USB/PC *2 controllers can be plugged in at once
Cons:
*Cable was bent at a bad angle, which is not good for the wires. *PS2 plug side is held by a spring which digs into the plastic. Leaves scratches but also, I don't feel as if it'll hold even a light yank. *The driver CD can be a little confusing. Look at the package it says "PU302" and "PU305" on the other side, on the disc, there's a file with a similar name. THAT is the only one you install. Yours may come with a different number, I only ordered one. I've also seen a similar product on DX which might use a different driver. *Says it supports dualshock, but so far I've had no luck getting rumbles, but I've seen reports of success by other people. Might be OS or controller dependant. *My real PS2 controller will not respond with the circle, triangle and R1 and R2 buttons. The rest map out just fine. However, my PS1 MadCatz from back in the day works perfectly. The slots don't seem to matter, so it can't be the adapter, might be driver issues. *The slots are not
Other:
*It's nice, but google shows me that the drivers are a real PITA for a lot of people. Perhaps it could have been written better? *There are other adapters on DX; I wonder if any of the others are better? *If you use emulators, you can reuse PS controllers for any other system by mapping the buttons. Playing NES with a PS2 controller? YES!
Bottomline:
It's a cheap way to remove keyboards from your gaming experience if you're willing to put up with a little frustration over drivers and compatibility. If you're a gamer, this should be worth your trouble.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections