DX  » Community » Reviews » NEW-8011 Cree XM-L U2 860lm 2-Mode White Flashlight - Silver (1 x 18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Slick and smooth but not compact. – NEW-8011 Cree XM-L U2 860lm 2-Mode White Flashlight - Silver (1 x 18650) Reviews

posted by OCHAR on 02/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
I should also say that I do not think it has any other modes Just OFF -Pause - ON. (No High/Low/Strobe etc). For me that is a good thing. Light: The light is very bright and white (compared to other LED's I have). Brighter actually than any flashlights I have. That is good. The light is a "flood light" so I am not too sure on how far (distance) the light reaches. What I do miss is the ability to focus the light from FLOOD to SPOT like sku.39585 . That said, this light will Instantly (after a pause) fill a room with light. Shape / Size: I like the "fluted" end by the lens better than that of sku.39585 .
Cons:
The size of this flashlight suprised me. I knew it would be bigger when I got the batteries but not this big. Ok what else, the Color is more a titanium grey, not a bright silver as it seems in the pictures. The threads are dry and I am sure if you cross-thread them you will strip them as the aluminum is quite soft. I do NOT like the 1 second delay when I turn it on. This delay is like "another mode" OFF- Pause-ON. The body is too big. It is not something that I can have in my pocket as I go for an evening stroll. The body is smooth and can slip out of your hand. It will also roll of a table if you lay the flashlight down.
Other:
Conclusion: If I had to go on a 6 month world tour, would this be the light to bring?? NO. I would bring sku.39585 because of it's size, pocket clip, zoom ability and decent brightness. If you are in the market for your first light, I would recommend sku.39585 not only for the advantages mentioned above but also the decent price. Hope this helps. Thanks.
Bottomline:
If you are in the market for your first light, I would recommend sku.39585 not only for the advantages mentioned above but also the decent price.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections