DX  » Community » Reviews » External Backup 2200mAh Battery Back Case for Iphone 5 - Silver + Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Well made product for great price – External Backup 2200mAh Battery Back Case for iPhone 5 - Silver + Black Reviews

posted by lamiawitch on 04/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
This case is very good built. The used plastic seems to be solid. So you can't break it easily. It performs pretty good. It charged my iPhone from 20% to 100% and than from 24% to 47%. Totally 103% of original iPhone's battery capacity. So with this case you can double iPhone's usage.
Cons:
The hole at the bottom for headphones is too narrow. So you can put through that hole only Apple's original headphones. The others headphones don't fit into that hole. I consider this as disadvantage because I can't use any 3rd party headphones. Second disadvantage is when you charge iPhone with this case it produces a lot of heat in the first stage of charging. The heat is not good for iPhone's battery. It shortens battery life.
Other:
This case adds a little bit of weight and bulk. But not too much. Nothing what should trouble me. I can even put the iPhone with this case into my pocket. It fits there. The good thing is that this case doesn't affect pictures taken with iPhone.
Bottomline:
I can recommend this battery case for anybody who needs extra power for the iPhone on the go. If you do some kind of outdoor sport and you are long time away from the power source this case is for you. But I can't recommend charge iPhone with this case often. Use it only rarely. Only if you really need it. Because of heat which this case produce by charging. The heath shortens your iPhone's battery life.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections