DX  » Community » Reviews » 9" USB Touch Screen Digitizer DIY Mod Kit for Asus Eee PC 900 UMPC Laptops
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
PERFECT – 9" USB Touch Screen Digitizer DIY Mod Kit for Asus Eee PC 900 UMPC Laptops Reviews

posted by huycao on 01/15/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
comes with everything you need. The included USB hub even gives you an extra full female usb cable to allow you to hook up an internal bluetooth or a flash drive (if you could somehow make enough room). You will not lose the webcam function either.
Cons:
Hard to put in! No instructions included, but refer to the internet for help especially jkkmoblie. He has done this with a full video on eee pc disassembly and installation. Could not have done this without his help!
Also when attempting to write on the screen, it isnt that quick to respond, so when writing fast your handwriting will look like a 2 year old's.
Other:
I have an eee pc 900 16g. Everything fits fairly well...I put the USB hub/controller on the left of the mouse pad. The screen does bulge alittle... my eee doenst close completly but its still close enough. didnt have the same issues with other users with the eee 900A or HD
Bottomline:
With this kit I now have an internal bluetooth and a touchscreen for my eee pc.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections