DX  » Community » Reviews » GS9000 2.7" TFT FHD 1080p 5.0 MP CMOS 178' Wide Angle Car DVR w/ GPS / G-sensor / HDMI / TF - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Very wide angle view no G-sensor values on recording – GS9000 2.7" TFT FHD 1080p 5.0 MP CMOS 178' Wide Angle Car DVR w/ GPS / G-sensor / HDMI / TF - Black Reviews

posted by GeoBig on 08/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This DVR has a clear, crisp recording quality and also has very good sound recording quality. The suction cup mount sticks very well. A "startup" sound lets you know that the unit has received power and is recording (very useful).
Cons:
The hotshoe failed on my unit after about 1 months; I have a electronic rework experience so I disassembled it and found the problem is not the spring pins themselves but where they are soldered to PCB the +5 and GND pins had "cold" solder joint...... easily fixed if you have correct tools.
Other:
Just the one problem with the hotshoe connection on my unit. Working 100% since I did the fix.
Bottomline:
Very nice unit for the price, if you have a large windshield the wide angle lens is useful.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections