DX  » Community » Reviews » Microwave Potato Chips Maker with Slicer Complete Set - Large
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Delicious! – Microwave Potato Chips Maker with Slicer Complete Set - Large Reviews

posted by lh123 on 01/18/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Very easy to use. Makes delicious crunchy chips. No need to peel the potatoes first, just scrub them clean. Everything you need is included.
Great chips! Sturdy and good for dips. Fat-free and no preservatives. You know exactly what you've added.
Cons:
None yet. Maybe the slicer. It was a bit awkward for me to use.
Other:
The included slicer is "adequate" if you don't already have a slicer of your own.
I sliced my potatoes lengthwise for larger chips vs the other way for more chips.
I've used a variety of powdered herbs, spices and salts to enhance my chips before microwaving. So far we've tried powdered cheese, sour cream powder, chives, barbecue spice, hickory smoke flavor, sea salt, popcorn salt, chili powder, cilantro and cayenne pepper. Just put your flavorings in a plastic bag with your sliced potato and shake it until evenly distributed. The large chip maker holds a whole potato (sliced lengthwise) at one time. Microwave on high for five minutes and check it. Continue in thirty seconds to a minute increments until the chips are done. If you are worried about burning your chips at this point, let them cool off between returning them to the microwave for thirty seconds at a time.
Bottomline:
Get one or a couple of these and get your kids and friends involved in the fun, much like making cookies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections