DX  » Community » Reviews » Remote Controlled R/C Rechargeable Racing Kart Car with Desktop Stand (27MHz)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
A fun little car ... – Remote Controlled R/C Rechargeable Racing Kart Car with Desktop Stand (27MHz) Reviews

posted by billg519 on 01/22/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
This was easy to get going right out of the box, it came charged. It has front and rear suspension springs as well as working headlights. The headlights are only on in forward mode. It runs on hard or carpeted floors. Probably too small for use on a grassy lawn, can't try it as snow outside right now.
Cons:
The internal batteries, two tiny NiMh cells, are inadequate to power the car properly. I immediatelyopened the car and soldered in a connector and leads for a 3.7V 400MaH 20C helicopter lipo (purchased fron DX). I mount the lipo cell on the car's roof. Now this car is much faster and more responsive. The higher voltage of the lipo has not harmed the car. It will even wheelie or flip itself over. Note that the throttle control is on / off, there is no proportional control. The turning is not by servo, but by electromagnet solenoid, so steering is straight, full right, or full left. The solenoid draws much current, so the car goes slower when turning.
Other:
If you can solder, do a battery mod, you will be glad that you did. Even a 3V CR2 rechargeable gives a big boost in performance. This car can carry a keychain video camera around on it. I put a cam on mine with a removeable mount.
Bottomline:
This is a fun little car although no proportional control. With the battery mod it is fast and responsive. It seems tough enough to withstand many crashes into walls and table legs.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections