DX  » Community » Reviews » 23.36mm Optics/Light Diffusers for Cree Emitters (Glass/5-Pack)
Sort by:
12 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:678 (67%)
  • 4 Star:334 (33%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Usefull lens for cree emiters

posted by levcdmen on 03/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The lens are small,light and made of plastic material. It fits perfectly on cree led emitters, it clicks on a led tight so it holds it good.
    Cons:
    The beam should be more focused, lots of light luses around the spot. Could melt if used on high powered leds that get very hot...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great and affordable diffusers

posted by shing97 on 03/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It is affordable and useful. It is shorter than the silver reflector that most LEDs use, so it is easily to be fit in most flashlights. When I modified some of my old fashion 14 LEDs flashlights, this diffuser can fit them perfectly, but typical silver re...
    Cons:
    Some of my modifications need to remove the white cap, but it is quite difficult to remove.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good lens about 8 degrees

posted by DARIOPRI on 01/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I had doubts about the degree of the lens but as I get the first thing I did was provide them with the protractor. They fit in very well CREE LED, while removing costs a little
    Cons:
    The interior would be nice to come painted in silver, I painted and I have gotten a lot more light.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Lenses

posted by techtrader on 06/29/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very compact and light, these lenses clip onto the CREE emitters very firmly - so much that taking the lens off can be enough to damage the emitter. Very efficient at focusing the light into a tight beam - probably about 8 degrees. Simple but brilliant.
    Cons:
    None really. Shame you don't sell 30, 45, 60 and 80 degree ones that attach themselves to CREE emitters like these.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good value

posted by gcbryan on 02/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I was surprised at how well I liked these given the price and given the fact that they are plastic. They just snap on to Cree XR-E emitters and produce a beam that is better (in my opinion) than the two aluminum reflectors that I replaced. They appear to ...
    Cons:
    None really except that they aren't glass and would probably be easy to scratch while installing.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great fit for sku.15943

posted by chopperdave on 02/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Fits so snugly on sku.15943 that I'm afraid I'll break the LED if I try to pull it off. No glue required for this LED/optics combination. It also works well on sku.4516, and gives a wider beam, but it won't stay on without glue.
    Cons:
    none so far.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good reflector

posted by bigricesack on 12/16/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Gives a nice beam and seems to be very efficient. Seems excellent for flashlights or spots (it has a narrow beam).
    Cons:
    Not so easy to mount; there are no screw holes or another easy way to get grip on the reflector. With LED sku.13612 the beam ce...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great bargain lenses

posted by kaltsas on 04/30/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    ~ Silly cheap ~ works great, gives a fine beam
    Cons:
    ~ you might need to eat away a small amount of plastic to fit onto the cree xr-e
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Extreme deal indeed

posted by KentS on 12/05/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Ridiculous price. I would have paid this sum for one of them had I known how good they were. Installation is done in a second. You don't even have to glue it ones its snapped on. I put it on a R2 premium star. Beam profile is perfect for bicycling. Unlike m...
    Cons:
    None what so ever.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect fit for Cree Q5

posted by slamck on 07/16/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It fits perfectly on the Cree Q5 emitters. The installation cannot be any easier. If you want it to stay on permanently, just add a drop of glue and you are done. The optics is very good too. It produces a nice roughly 10 degree round bright spot with e...
    Cons:
    It is made of plastic, not glass as shown in the description. So heat could be a concern if you run your emitter hot. The I a...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections