DX  » Community » Reviews » Reprap Ramps Kit 3D Printer Extension Board Driver Board Shield w/ 5 Motor Driver Modules
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Good quality, good presentation and right price – Reprap Ramps Kit 3D Printer Extension Board Driver Board Shield w/ 5 Motor Driver Modules Reviews

posted by fedesh03 on 06/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
This device is perfect for developing a RepRap 3d Printer. It brings all the needed stuff to make it work: Stepper drivers, end-stop switches for all axis, additional servo connectors for miscellaneous uses, I2C, connections for heaters, etc. It also includes heatsink and thermal conductive pads. Everything in a single Arduino compatible shield.
Cons:
The shield's design doesn't allow to attach another shield on top, so you need to put it in the middle. This can become a big problem if both shields have the same design.
Other:
Since I bought it to make a CNC router, not a 3D printer, it has some features that I don't need, like the heaters connections and respective mosfets.
Bottomline:
The whole product quality is very good, I haven't tested it all, since I need only a portion of it. But I'm very satisfied with the kit.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections