DX  » Community » Reviews » Touch Screen Digitizer for Asus 10" Eee PC 1000 UMPC Laptops
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 4
Great Product – Touch Screen Digitizer for Asus 10" Eee PC 1000 UMPC Laptops Reviews

posted by kl3vr on 02/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Cheapest I could find with free shipping, and I trust DX unlike some site I just googled. It works Lots of fun Great for netbooks where touchpad mice are limiting.
Cons:
No instructions No double sided tape or rubber (come on DX it woulda costed like 10cents to include them.) Adds quite a bit of weight to your netbook, but well worth it.
Other:
Follow the fidohub instructions. Win 7 driver wasnt much help with calibration. I used their touchkit driver and it works like a charm now. The video shows them feeding the usb cables through a hole in the middle of the board. I suggest feeding the cables underneath the board to near the hinge. I couldn't get everything to sandwich back together otherwise. Be sure to tape the touchscreen to the screen Turn the black connector so the black wire is on the right, connector up, then insert the ribbon cable with the white strip on top. First time I did it wrong and had to disassemble it again. Don't be afraid if you have extra screws left over, as long as everything is solid
Bottomline:
You literally have to take every screw out. Took an hour to install, another hour to troubleshoot.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections