DX  » Community » Reviews » Touch Screen Digitizer for Asus 10" Eee PC 1000 UMPC Laptops
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
This is an awesome addon for EEE netbooks – Touch Screen Digitizer for Asus 10" Eee PC 1000 UMPC Laptops Reviews

posted by darthneo on 03/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
So far i'm loving this. As soon as i got my package from DX i threw everything else i got to the side and installed this bad boy. The installation took maybe 2 hours (there are a ton of screws in the asus eee 1000he-b.
Cons:
It doesn't come with a CD for drivers one of the posts below contain the link that worked for me: http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eg/drivers.htm The touch screen doesn't come with any duoble sided tape so you might want to get this ahead of time. also doesn't come with a pen/stylus
Other:
I used about 8 small pieces of 1mm double sided foam tape to secure to the screen. (I didn't put it in there exactly straight but it still works). When you are installing this you need to take 4 screws out that are holding the LCD to some side metal pieces AND YOU DO NOT REPLACE THEM, this is so the lcd sits further back into the case. I also put some foam on the back of the lcd (didn't remove the paper so it doesn't stick to the case)
Bottomline:
If you have the money want to show off, and want a touch screen for your EEE i would definitely recommend this.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections