Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- I bought 3-pack for replacing old cells in Thinkpad 600 battery.
The runtime is now about 3 hours. Enough for me, despite if the battery capacity isn't real.
- Price-ratio is great. New battery for less than 20$ (3-pack).
- There is no solder-tab on minus pole. But it is possible solder a tab if you have good lead-tin and flux. Of course, you have to solder quickly and be very carefull.
Replacing the cells to Thinkpad 600 battery was easy.
Just unwrap the gray "Trustfire" capsule (there is second capsule under) and remove the + pole knob. There was a ready solder-tab under the knob.
Then I grind/cleaned the minus pole slighly, put enough flux and then quickly soldered the batteries in place.
If you want your old notebook to mobile again, these batteries are good to use when replacing cells.
But check first that:
- Old cells are in 18650 form.
- The battery is not a smart one, which remembers old cells condition.
- You'll handle the risks and soldering.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.