DX  » Community » Reviews » Dome CMOS Color Surveillance Security Camera with 12-IR LED Night-Vision - NTSC (12V DC)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Good but has some shortcomings – Dome CMOS Color Surveillance Security Camera with 12-IR LED Night-Vision - NTSC (12V DC) Reviews

posted by timmans on 06/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Professional looking camera. Quite unobtrusive and during the day, can be quite hard to see where the camera is pointing.
Cons:
To change to focus of the camera, you need to remove the IR-LED plate to access the locking screw of the lens (see below). A much better option would be to use a spring rather than a screw to lock the lens.
I have purchased a few of these and I have noticed some quite variable quality:
- Some of the cameras have screwed-in IR-LED plates and others have glued in plates. Glued in plates make it next to impossible to change to focus of the camera (see above).
- Pictures during daylight are uniformly ok but some of the cameras pictures are incredibly grainy at night and others have a fine picture. I have played around and it seems to be a camera problem rather than a power/cable etc problem.
Other:
Not a bad camera but can be a bit of a lottery depending on the build quality.
Bottomline:
Buy it if you are using during the day or are not too fussy with image quality at night.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections