DX  » Community » Reviews » Stainless Steel DIY Soldering Tools (6-Piece Set)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Good collection of soldering tools – Stainless Steel DIY Soldering Tools (6-Piece Set) Reviews

posted by blackjudas on 10/17/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
A wide assortment of soldering tools for specific tasks
Cons:
Handles are cheap and uncomfortable
Other:
Each of the 6 implements serve a specific purpose. Each one has the same tool with a different angle or width. The hook has two different sized hooks for pulling on through hole components when desoldering. The chisel has a flat end and an angled end, great for cutting traces on vero board or prying on components. The pick is great for removing solder from shorted leads. One thing I noticed is that the back of the package attempts to explain through drawings on how to use each tool and when/where it would be useful. I'd recommend this to anyone looking at easier or beginner soldering tasks. The one gripe I have is the plastic blue handle in the center, really cheap plastic that hurts after a while, it's hexagon shaped and runs the length of the tool. I'd pay more if the handles had a soft rubber coating or something similar.
Bottomline:
Overall, great tools for beginners and experts alike, already used two of them in tight spaces on the first day I got them and it saved me time. I didn't have to use my fat fingers to try to pull on those pesky tiny resistors. Great for precision work.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections