Sort by:
9 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:787 (78%)
  • 4 Star:222 (22%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    My choice of cable cutter

posted by sergiogaspar on 11/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very cheap, sharp cutting edges, cuts straight on one side. For this price I have bought several of these, there is one in the garage, one in my lab, one in my tool case (for customer assistance)... The cutting edge stays sharp for a long time if you only c...
    Cons:
    Can't be abused. Once I had cut 600 stranded wires and needed to cut 600 more, but to save time I tried to cut them 3 at a time...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good cutters

posted by jasnz13 on 03/18/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    These are some good cutters. I was happily surprised at the quality upon purchasing them from DX. They cut efficiently and I think the cutting heads will stay sharp for a long time. (at least they have stayed sharp so far.) Also, they fit nicely in your hand.
    Cons:
    The springiness could be increased a little bit. They have a tendency to not spring open quite as far as one might want. Reall...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good price not bad product

posted by Shogunchik on 01/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    For its value quite good cutters. Sharpened nice smooth cut. If you do not need a lot of work with the wire, I think will be used for a long time.
    Cons:
    Manufacturing quality mediocre, which is not surprising, given their cost. In his hand are not very nice, tight grip. Spring ba...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    must have tool

posted by golob on 12/11/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Fine sturdy cable cutter tool. Great price. Really sharp you could use it for cutting finger nails =D
    Cons:
    Almost none after 30 minutes of use... Maybe spring could be a bit stronger... Handle could be a bit better fit - It doesn't fi...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good price Good product

posted by purechild on 11/30/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good quality for this price. it's a solid wire cutter and very compact! Quality is perfect, but it has a low price. I think it's the best cutter in this price category. I looked for other wire cutter, but this was the cheapest one, but I am very happy with ...
    Cons:
    None. It's simple, but it works very fine! The yellow color is a (little) con for me, but it is not a disaster. I prefer a blac...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    This is the one you're looking for

posted by Silly1 on 09/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Price. 1 flat side, will make a clean flat cut. Ideal to cut excessive leads of a PCB. Ideal to cut ends of tie wraps flat to its head so no sharp, skin tearing edged are left.
    Cons:
    Ehm. Well, maybe they wear a bit. But than, i'm using them every day, so they should be allowed to do so. See below, but i don'...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great cutter

posted by AKobe on 02/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This tool is must have for DIY electronics project. These cutters are very sharp and very well made. They are handy for heavier duty cutting and do a fine job of it. They are handles with ease.
    Cons:
    Nothing at all, maybe it would be nice if I can choose color; my come in yellow color, but hey, it's just a tool, so I don't ca...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simple cutter

posted by yorky2011 on 08/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    As pictured, it is a nice bright yellow so you don't loose it (my last pair was black, on the floor you couldn't see it!). I use it to snip small cable ties and computer wires, it handles this with ease.
    Cons:
    The spring in it is a bit useless, you need to manually pull apart the gripping action after each cut to open them back up. Wha...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    GREAT FIND!

posted by crabapp on 06/08/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    These cutters are very sharp and very well made. They are handy for heavier duty cutting and do a fine job of it. They are 4 -7 times the price in hardware sores in my city - if you can even find a pair. Online they are very expensive as well and scarce ...
    Cons:
    NONE!
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections