DX  » Community » Reviews » Pcduino DEV-PCDUINO Microcontroller Development Board - White
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
cheap IO control – Pcduino DEV-PCDUINO Microcontroller Development Board - White Reviews

posted by occar on 08/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
the Ubuntu version (preloaded) can be quickly upgraded to have x11 server and ssh server, so i have it controlled from mi PC instead of using the hdmi interface. The IO can be accessed thru bash, or C, or python, very easily. Small / compact footprint.
Cons:
the board comes without external power. So do not forget to buy any iphone-type adapter* and a micro USB cable ( both, very cheap at DX ) if you plan to use it with wall power. I did. * must deliver 2Amp.
Other:
I also purchased from DX a 8 relay board, because I've built an automated appliance control with network capabilities to be accessed thru internet. All the software tools are included: vi editor, C compiler, etc. Power input should be something else robust than micro usb.
Bottomline:
It costs almost the same than a genuine Arduino plus the network interface; AND it includes Ubuntu + tools, instead of a software design kit to be installed on a PC. I really loved this board.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections