DX  » Community » Reviews » Digital Multi-cell Lithium Battery Voltage LCD Display for R/C Models
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Cheap and Dirty Voltmeter for multiple Li-on Pack. – Digital Multi-cell Lithium Battery Voltage LCD Display for R/C Models Reviews

posted by iccyy on 07/03/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
This is a cheap and dirty multi-cell voltmeter I would have to build myself..... It scan through all the cells, beginning with No1 . . , till All.
By the way, pinouts are printed on the PCB, with pin1 marked '-', pin7 mark '+', the rest sensor pins.
This make a wonderful panel meter ... I 've been looking for my HV modules, one for 0-10, 2nd for 0-3 representing 10mA and 3KV full scale. Wonderful.
But this one is for multicel lithum pack indicator.
Cons:
What a pity that it did not produce warning and or voltage fault output when one of the cell is under votlage or over-voltage based on multiple of 4.20V.
Otherwise it will becomes one of those killer applications/prodcuts that every RC or lithium pack needs.
Other:
It would be wanderful if it comes with green, amber and even blue color display. It should not cost more then another 50 cents. When will the Chinese desinger go beyond the bare utilities?
Red is boring, and this one comes with event less exciting red. (1st generation LED)
Bottomline:
look like I may have to buy a few!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections