DX  » Community » Reviews » Mystery Balance Charger for 2/3-Cell Lithium Ion/Polymer Batteries
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Great little charger! – Mystery Balance Charger for 2/3-Cell Lithium Ion/Polymer Batteries Reviews

posted by m4040 on 05/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This little charger is quite compact. It should probably be offered with a wall adapter, or at least have a link to the correct one on this page. However, I have a need to charge a bunch of 3-cell lipos at once. I simply cut the alligator clips off, stripped and spliced all the wires together, and hooked the resulting octopus of chargers to a computer power supply (cheapest source of 12VDC power you're going to find). Now I have a master charging station that can do a bunch of batteries at once. Even the most expensive lipo balance chargers don't do that!
Cons:
Build quality isn't great, but for the price, it's about what I'd expect. As mentioned by others, there's some heat given off but nothing too bad. Whereas I use it with an ATX power supply, I make sure the fans blow across these. A couple of mine make a very quiet, but high pitched noise (like maybe a diode is oscillating in there?).
Other:
These are great if you either (a) use lipos in the field and need to charge from a car battery, or (b) you want to gang a bunch together from a single big 12VDC power source to do multiple battery charging at once.
Bottomline:
Great little units for the price, especially if you're buying several. You won't find them cheaper. Just know that they don't come with the plug (DX - Get on that... offer the same thing with a decent wall adapter, maybe about 1.5A?)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections