Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- IR remote learns easily
- IR remote still works when keyboard/mouse is switched off (so you don't waste battery)
- Gyration mouse is accurate and works well with Windows 8, sensitivity can be adjusted
- Comfortable in hand and almost too light weight
- No additional drivers needed in Windows 7/8
- Audio speaker and microphone work well, It shows up as a selectable audio device in Windows
- For the IR remote, the arrow keys should have been at thumb level, not the numbers...
- There are two mute buttons for some reason, and no "Stop" button...
- No indication of what the "Macro" button is supposed to do in the manual, seems like it would be a useful function
- On the keyboard side, there are no F1-F12 keys...so no ability to ALT+F4 for example
- Bizarre hidden key combinations to calibrate the g sensor, adjust sensitivity, etc. (SO DON'T LOSE THE MANUAL)
This is a good all around solution for HTPC users.... I myself use it for my satellite, htpc and tv. Works well with all 3 after teaching it the IR codes, so now I can just use one remote.
Works well with Windows 8 since the MCE remote does not control new W8 apps like Netflix
Highly recommended. Great quality as expected from the RII line of mini keyboards
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.