DX  » Community » Reviews » RII RT-MWK13 Mini Wireless Keyboard + IR Remote + Air Mouse + Audio Chat + Microphone
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Good quality, works well! – RII RT-MWK13 Mini Wireless Keyboard + IR Remote + Air Mouse + Audio Chat + Microphone Reviews

posted by darkcrow101 on 05/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- IR remote learns easily - IR remote still works when keyboard/mouse is switched off (so you don't waste battery) - Gyration mouse is accurate and works well with Windows 8, sensitivity can be adjusted - Comfortable in hand and almost too light weight - No additional drivers needed in Windows 7/8 - Audio speaker and microphone work well, It shows up as a selectable audio device in Windows
Cons:
- For the IR remote, the arrow keys should have been at thumb level, not the numbers... - There are two mute buttons for some reason, and no "Stop" button... - No indication of what the "Macro" button is supposed to do in the manual, seems like it would be a useful function - On the keyboard side, there are no F1-F12 keys...so no ability to ALT+F4 for example - Bizarre hidden key combinations to calibrate the g sensor, adjust sensitivity, etc. (SO DON'T LOSE THE MANUAL)
Other:
This is a good all around solution for HTPC users.... I myself use it for my satellite, htpc and tv. Works well with all 3 after teaching it the IR codes, so now I can just use one remote. Works well with Windows 8 since the MCE remote does not control new W8 apps like Netflix
Bottomline:
Highly recommended. Great quality as expected from the RII line of mini keyboards

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections