DX  » Community » Reviews » Regulated CV/CC LED Driver Circuit Board for Cree MC-E/SSC P7 Emitters (8.4V Max Input)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Works well – Regulated CV/CC LED Driver Circuit Board for Cree MC-E/SSC P7 Emitters (8.4V Max Input) Reviews

posted by nevik on 10/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Good efficiency. I measured 81-83% over an input voltage range of 6-8.4V.
Measured output current is virtually constant at 2.35A over the 6-8.4V input voltage range.
Cons:
No markings to indicate the input voltage polarity connections.
Inductor is bulky and oddly positioned.
Other:
At input voltages below 6V an electrolytic capacitor needs to be put across the input otherwise the driver becomes unstable and the output current drops markedly. I used 100uF during testing but a smaller capacitor should be OK.
I shall probably change the diode and capacitor on the board as suggested in another review to raise the current capacity to over 3A and the operating voltage to 16V. I also might add some mods to make the 0.1 ohm current monitor resistor variable to provide a dimming capability.
Bottomline:
Cheap current source that has good efficiency and has the potential for further simple mods to increase its usefulness.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections