DX  » Community » Reviews » Automobile Windshield Wiper Renewing Sharpener with Pouch
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Improves wipers ability to work if your wipers are old – Automobile Windshield Wiper Renewing Sharpener with Pouch Reviews

posted by jaksun5 on 06/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
-Easy to use -very simple design -Does the job of making the edge smoother as evidenced by the fact that is worked almost perfectly the second time I used it -small and light enough to carry in the car -cheaper than new wipers -environmentally friendly
Cons:
-I could be a bit cheaper (there's a cheaper one on dx since I bought this (SKU: 20667) but not sure how good it is) -Will need to renew the wipers at least once a year for reasonable operation, maybe more (this isn't really a con) -You may find that sometimes even when wipers operate perfectly they will make a louder noise than new wipers -as the groove you are supposed to run the wipers in is quite shallow sometimes the wiper will skip out of the groove
Other:
-In Australia we need to have the wipers wipe perfectly for the yearly safety check. The first year I had this I tried for quite a while to get it to wipe perfectly first go and it was a little difficult. A year later it seemed to be much easier to get the wipers renewed. Maybe when the rubber is dryer/older the thing makes a better edge. -Don't forget to clean your windows and wipers before you use this, they are probably at least half the problem if your wipers aren't working properly
Bottomline:
This is a great cheap money and environment saving item.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections