DX  » Community » Reviews » Standalone BitTorrent BT Client + UPNP USB/NAS/FTP/SAMBA/Printer Sharing Network LAN Server
Sort by:
17 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:356 (35%)
  • 4 Star:417 (41%)
  • 3 Star:61 (6%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:183 (18%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

82% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good for house applications only

posted by polomatus on 11/02/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It actually helps to not have such many things directly patched to your computer when it works. The Torrent functionality helps a lot doing uploads and downloads while you may use your main processors in more important task.
    Cons:
    I had never been able to make the remote USB protocol work neither in Windows XP or 7, so it has been helpfull for file sharing...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 1
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Do Not Buy This Product

posted by tpotlog on 08/30/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Small low power consuming device supports my Samsung CLP-300 printer
    Cons:
    this product is a terriable product. it almost never works , you will need to restart it several times for the functions to som...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Latest Model is different!

posted by ronb10 on 05/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works well, and fairly fast. This new model has a new interface.
    Cons:
    This new model is not compatible with Snake OS. See pictures of PCB here: http://www.schoolresources.net.au/NAS Printer suppor...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    SnakeOS. Small, effective but with limitations.

posted by Anoniempje on 04/16/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Low Power Relatively easy to use Custom Firmware Internet BT client (Transmission) Works with USB hubs Enough options and settings to keep one happy. Soundless.
    Cons:
    Limited NTFS support (can't delete files over samba) It feel sluggish. Like its really trying to do what you want. It'll do i...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    worth to buy for this low price

posted by juzis28 on 04/13/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Small and easy to use. Original firmware is intuitive and light to use, but i have readed theese comments before i bought this item and i have flashed SnakeOS in the firs hour of use. Device is good and simple to use with alternate SnakeOS firmware. Linux B...
    Cons:
    No possibility to connect (mount) another network hard drive or NAS via SAMBA or NFS protocols even with SnakeOS (v1.0.0). I ho...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great with alternative Firmware

posted by tbm2k on 02/18/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    With alternate Firmware (SnakeOS) its a really good device, you can even add usb-hubs (with 5V power adaptor) to add additional devices (i have 4x 4GB usb-sticks attached). The original Firmware AFAIK doesnt allows usb-hubs and only 2 devices are supported...
    Cons:
    Default Firmware crashes sometimes, AFAIK it doesnt even supports usb-hubs...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect micro computer for nas

posted by billur on 02/16/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Small and comprehensive for what you need. Even though the original firmware is crap with snake os 1.0 firmware the device really boosts up. It is a media server, ssh, sftp, smb server. Really impressive
    Cons:
    Original firmware is really crap. It really blocks the devices capabilities. Dealextreme should consider it sending with the Sn...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fantastic with SNAKEOS firmware installed

posted by jphphotography on 02/08/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Saves wear and tear on your main PC, no more leaving your computer on 24/7 to download. Web interface (using custom firmware)is simple and easy to use. I can log into the web interface and cue torrents while I'm at work so its ready when I get home. Using m...
    Cons:
    The default firmware that this ships with is terrible, it hangs often and is very buggy. Even with the custom firmware I have...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 1
    • Quality: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Waste of money. Device hangs.

posted by Castlejohn on 08/02/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good idea, easy to use. Low enery consumption. ================================================================================
    Cons:
    Hangs after a couple of hours of use. I have the latest firmware update provided by the manufacturer, but it still hangs. =====...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Must to have in your home office

posted by robsonkobayashi on 08/02/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Small size - WEB interface - 2 USB - Economic
    Cons:
    - Sometimes, I have to reset it to print.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections