DX  » Community » Reviews » Disposable Sterile Cotton Surgical Face Masks (50-Mask Pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Better than nothing (i think) – Disposable Sterile Cotton Surgical Face Masks (50-Mask Pack) Reviews

posted by temporary1 on 05/26/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Although thin, these are well built. Very strong and hard to tear. The elastic straps are good and the fit is ok* on my head**. It has a place for a nose piece*
Cons:
very thin... you can read through these, easier than a tissue. It's much stronger than a tissue, so im not sure how good a filter it would be.
* no nose piece included so it does not fit tight around your nose, which is kind of important.
** it fits me as a big guy but i doubt it would fit the young/petite
Other:
If it comes to it i might use these cheep masks to hold something more substantial to my face. It you really need protection from flu, get a certified p2/n95 mask.
Also, get some good masks and once you use them, wash and keep the nose piece to recycle into these
Bottomline:
I'm not going to trust these for flu. Keeping these for a full on pandemic panic when i cant get anything else.
Could be useful as a breath guard for fine artwork so you dont blow things around, but it isnt going to protect *you*

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections