DX  » Community » Reviews » AMT Amtech Professional Soldering Flux (10ml)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Cheap, high performace, flux paste – AMT Amtech Professional Soldering Flux (10ml) Reviews

posted by zzGhoStModzz on 03/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
great price, if you are just a hobbyist this will last you ages.
works just like flux is meant too, solder flows like a dream after applying.
Cap seems pretty solid, nothings coming out so far. Its paste flux and it is pretty thick so it is harder for you to spill it over a pcb or something. Shipping was really decent. Pretty sure this is official AM-tech, well it performs the same.
Cons:
Application to smd points may be hard, you will need your own method of doing this as you cannot do so straight from the tube.
Has some instructions saying not for individual use and may cause cancer, a little unnerving.
Other:
If you have never used flux when soldering you will be blown away with how easily the solder flows (especially good with smd work or to old pcb which as oxidized). I used to always get frustrated when solder just wouldn't stick, then I began using flux and I have never looked back. The amount of flux in solder core is not sufficient to most peoples needs.
Bottomline:
Cheap, Works great, reliable brand, free shipping, great quality. No real downside.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections