DX  » Community » Reviews » High Power 500mW 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps USB 2.0 External Wireless Network Adapter w/ 5dBi Antenna
Sort by:
18 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:448 (44%)
  • 4 Star:509 (50%)
  • 3 Star:61 (6%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product

posted by askinh on 12/06/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It works very good. I can see many WIFIs now. Package contains even CD with clear instructions. The CD has Beini Backtrack installed and you can start evaluating the functionalists quickly. High range. Big advantage - works as Access Point. With this produc...
    Cons:
    No such for now.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good USB Wireless

posted by avfree on 10/10/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - This product meets the description. - Excellent catches all nearby Wi-Fi hotspot, new 15-20 points, which I have not seen on a laptop. - Works well in as the G, and N. - It is possible over time to tie a stronger antenna 10 db or more. But this is good to...
    Cons:
    The antenna is small, but sensitive. The photo on the site seem bigger.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Definitely 150Mbps "N"

posted by wuppo on 10/13/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    This device now has the 3070 chip to provide wireless "N" at 150Mbps. Sensitivity great. Build quality good for the price - I previously also bought sku 30605 - cheaper but build quality nowhere as good as this one.
    Cons:
    Came with Backtrack "9" CD - utter rubbish and did not seem to have the correct 3070 driver for windows, so downloaded from th...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Range!

posted by RobertNL on 06/06/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    + Great range, where my old (internal adapter got 10% strenght and 1 mbs this one takes on 95% signal and atlest 24 mb/s + Cheap, where my local shop sells the same kind of adapter for twice this price (and less then 500mW) + Can be used with backtrack (...
    Cons:
    - the usb cabel does not have enough room inside the adapter so if you move it, it disconnects. - Box where it was shipped in ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    My review

posted by momani on 05/13/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    it really useful .. i have a linksys router on the second floor and in the first floor the signal be poor but with this it go to very good believe it or not ..i picked my friend router and he is like 600M away from my home maybe his router is powerful bu...
    Cons:
    nothing really it can't be any better
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Realtek chip is RTL8187B

posted by gyarapon on 04/24/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A signal becomes strong. Realtek chip good. Build quality looks great, USB-plug fits perfect, thick USB-cable, sturdy casing, nice antenna. Good price!
    Cons:
    Explanation and the item of the different chip. I needed an extension cable to get this all the way to the location I had to p...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    only work 11mbps

posted by 9857p on 03/19/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    cheap and very easy to use, works well with wifislave, backtrak4 and wifiway
    Cons:
    under the linux environment and under win xp only connects me to 11Mbps
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice

posted by W0153R on 03/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Can act as an AP (Realtek calls it Virtual Wifi), my main reason for buying it, and it does it's job great. Realtek chip, which means good drivers! Strong signal. Build quality looks great, USB-plug fits perfect, thick USB-cable, sturdy casing, nice ante...
    Cons:
    Maybe the fact that it's external, but hey, you can't have everything (at least not at this price-level).
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good value for price, perfect for wardriving

posted by thlama on 02/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    RT8187L chip! I pushed it up to 30dBm (the linux wireless stack wouldn't let me more, maybe the card supports it but you'll have to hack the regulatory database). Supports injection out of the box. Great for, you know, testing WEP solidity. Good price!
    Cons:
    500kB/s is the best throughput I managed to get (could be a problem with my AP, though...) The antenna it came with needed qui...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works with Ubuntu out of the box

posted by extrospector on 01/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Cheapest (at the time of purchase) of the 500+ mW wifi adapters. Works plug and play out of the box with Ubuntu Karmic Koala (9.10).
    Cons:
    None, really - the USB cable could be longer (I needed an extension cable to get this all the way to the location I had to plac...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections