DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire 16340 3.6V Batteries (4-pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Satisfied!! – Ultrafire 16340 3.6V Batteries (4-pack) Reviews

posted by kramer5150 on 03/29/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
-Solid value. -Good build quality. -Great performance so far, through about 12 re-charge cycles. -Drives my 6P + SKU:6090 drop in nicely... very bright and decent run time too. -Maybe I got lucky, but all 4 of my cells are pretty evenly matched. Using my Ultrafire SKU:1251 charger, and digi-multi meter they all peak-charge at nearly the same time. Of course the charger cuts out at 4.2V automatically.
-Hold their charge pretty well, they don't self-discharge as much as I thought they would.
Cons:
-Over-rated capacity.
-Unprotected, so they need to be monitored while charging. I use a multi-meter and check for voltage while they charge. You also can't deplete them all the way down, without added risk.
Other:
-Very happy with my purchase. I think protected cells would have been better... if nothing more than for the added peace of mind. However, if you are familiar with battery maintenance, matching, charging/discharging practices, and how to monitor battery voltage correctly, these aren't too bad.

-I recently ordered some protected cells to replace these in my 6P. I will certainly keep these for use in a 1xRCR123 light.
Bottomline:
-If you are familiar with battery charging-monitoring-matching principles and are disciplined enough to refrain from completely discharging them, these are a great value.

-If you are the type who just wants to charge / discharge them and forget about it... go for protected cells instead.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections