DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire 16340 3.6V Batteries (4-pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Satisfied Again – Ultrafire 16340 3.6V Batteries (4-pack) Reviews

posted by kramer5150 on 05/11/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-Solid value.
-Good build quality.
-Great performance so far, through 5-6 re-charge cycles.
-Drives my 6P+SKU:11836 and WF-501B+SKU:6090 very nicely... very bright and decent run time too.
-Maybe I got lucky, but this is my second order of 4 and now all 8 of my cells are pretty evenly matched, and NO DUD cells in the batch. Using my Ultrafire SKU:1251 charger, and digi-multi meter they all peak-charge at nearly the same time. Of course the charger cuts out at 4.2V automatically.
-Hold their charge pretty well, they don't self-discharge as much as I thought they would.
-So I must be the luckiest DX member with 8/8 GOOD cells.
-I have nothing to complain about.... KNOCK ON WOOD!!
Cons:
-Over-rated capacity.
-Unprotected, so they need to be monitored while charging. I use a multi-meter and check for voltage while they charge. You also can't deplete them all the way down, without added risk.
Other:
-Very happy with my second purchase of this SKU. I think protected cells would have been better... if nothing more than for the added peace of mind. However, if you are familiar with battery maintenance, matching, charging/discharging practices, how to monitor battery voltage correctly, and are DISCIPLINED enough to NOT over-discharge, these aren't too bad.
-I also have a pair of Trustfire protecteds and use those frequently too for the added peace of mind.... just run them till' they die.
Bottomline:
-Members need to evaluate what "kind" of user they are...
-If you are familiar with battery charging-monitoring-matching principles and are disciplined enough to refrain from completely discharging them, these are a great value.
-If you are the type who just wants to charge them, run them till' they die and forget about it... go for protected cells instead.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections