DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire 16340 3.6V Batteries (4-pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Got what I ordered this time. – Ultrafire 16340 3.6V Batteries (4-pack) Reviews

posted by Peterlm on 06/03/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
This time around I ordered two packs of these batteries and received the 880mA version whereas I received the 1000mAh ones earlier on. The 1000mAh versions were grossly mislabelled as they were lasted only 25 minutes powering the 9V Xenon of SKU903 while my true 600mAh 16340s lasted 30 minutes on a full charge meaning the 100mAh units were probably 500mAh units and labelled as twice its capacity.
Cons:
Quality of these cells are questionable since UltraFire had over-rated their cell capacity, hence these cells may be from different manufacturers and of different capacity.
Other:
Hopefully DX can feedback to UltraFire not to over-rate their products as this causes loss of customer confidence in their products.
Bottomline:
I willl continue to buy these since they come in an economy pack and while I lose 5 minutes in comparison to my true 600mAh 16340s, isnt too much to lose over the price difference of $1 per cell.
Just tested these cells on full charge at 4.16V and after 20 minutes, one of the cells dropped to 1.87V while the other dropped to 3.27V. I never had such problems with my true 600mAh cells even from the first charge as both batteries maxed out almost evenly.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections