write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Excellent little light – MXDL 3W Flashlight Silver Reviews

posted by gadgetdude01 on 02/03/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Truely excellent little light. beautifully finished externally. It is small, fits in your pocket without showing a bulge and hides in the palm of your hand easily. The price is great. Works best with the 123a 3.7v battery. Very bright beam and lights up objects up to 50m away. dont shine it in peoples eyes.
Cons:
I have four of these and have had one fail on me. Removed the LED unit and found a loose solder joint. Re soldered and all was good. The O Ring could be a little larger as it could be possable for the light to rotate and turn itself on in your pocket. The fix is a small amount of thick O Ring friendly grease to stiffen up the thread. Not too much because when it gets warm the grease could get inside.
Other:
The light gets a little warm if you use it for too long. I would suggest that if you want a light for lots of short use then this light is perfect. I you want to use it for long periods then try something else. I would estimate the run time to be approx 1 to 2 hours depending on how you use it.
Bottomline:
Fantastic for the price. I am telling all my friends about this one. worth buying 2 .

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections