DX  » Community » Reviews » Red Man RD1000 Aluminum Balanced Fishing Reel (11cm*13cm*3.8cm)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Terrible reel – Red Man RD1000 Aluminum Balanced Fishing Reel (11cm*13cm*3.8cm) Reviews

posted by shing97 on 07/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
The price is very attractive. It has 5 bearings. Its handle can be bended just by a button. It could be a smooth reel if you know how to open it and add grease and oil on it. Distribution of line on the reel is acceptable--not perfectly distributed on the reel, but is not very uneven.
Cons:
The frame and the reel is only plastic. Anti-reverse did not work when I got it. I found that some screws are smoothed by screw driver when I tried to open it to fix it. Obviously it is a defective product. I can open it with a power screw driver. There is lack of grease and oil inside, but it becomes very smooth when I add some grease and oil on the main bearing and rotor. The anti-reverse also comes back when I replace all the parts together
Other:
Bottomline:
I am glad to buy this reel become it is cheap and becomes a smooth reel eventually. But I also feel lucky just because I am experience in fixing fishing reel. Don't risk your money if you know nothing about it

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections