DX  » Community » Reviews » Red Man RD2000 Aluminum Balanced Fishing Reel (13cm*14cm*4.2cm)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Well built, cheap Reel – Red Man RD2000 Aluminum Balanced Fishing Reel (13cm*14cm*4.2cm) Reviews

posted by TheoB on 05/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
First: it is cheap. Second; it is amzingly well build. Full aluminium body and aluminium inner parts. Third: no maintenance I ordered my first over two years ago. Now ordered my second reel, the first one still works after recreative fishing. (Go out fishing three to four times a month, sometimes more). Havent been lubricated or cleaned, but still does its job very well. Only used on sweet waters. It is big enough to fit quite some fishing line on it.
Cons:
The pictures of the product are incorrect, The swinging arm was on the opposite side of the reel when delivered. Easy to disengage from reel and switch around to the preferred side. Only then the turning mechanism is reversed compared to the reels i buy in stores. The gold color is just a bit to flashy for me.
Other:
Would be nice if possible to buy seperatly sold coils to quickly change lines.
Bottomline:
A must buy for the casual and serious fisher, looking for some decent but not expensive gear.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections