DX  » Community » Reviews » Anti-Shock Silicone Protective Case with Ventilation for 3.5" HDD Hard Disk Drives
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Vibration protection for your hard drive – Anti-Shock Silicone Protective Case with Ventilation for 3.5" HDD Hard Disk Drives Reviews

posted by ubiratamuniz on 03/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
- Vibration protection for your 3.5" hard drive used as external storage - Helps reduce the noise from the disk vibrating on the table - Can stack units on your shelf when storing them
Cons:
None that I can think of.
Other:
I use this with a 2.0Tb SATA hard drive which is plugged through an external SATA port on a media player I own. Since the media player is on my room, the noise from the hard drive vibration on the TV rack was annoying me, this thing served as a spacer/dampener which reduced the noise considerably (the only noise now is the actual drive spinout). It also serves (when you have many of these) to stack hard drives on shelves (storing them) without risk of damaging the discs from impact or scratching its circuit boards. Of course it won't protect your disk drive from damage due to falling onto the ground but will protect from minor impacts.
Bottomline:
If you need this, buy. It is a decent quality product which is hard to come by on computer stores around here.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections