Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month
- once it's working, it's set-and-forget, you forget it's even there
- small size
- doesn't get very warm, like other bands tend to do
- Rock-stable! My 70-year old mother-in-law has one, but it hasn't failed since the first power-on.
- lousy manual: It has lots of information, but doesn't tell you how to get it working with laptops or other devices. You have to figure this out for yourself.
- Background in networking needed to decypher the manual filled with technical info.
- Configuring this thingie is not for technical novices
To get you guys going with this one to use it with your laptop, you best do the following:
- When you are in the router's web management screen, go to "Wireless" in the left menu, then click "Base". In the right window, You can enable/disable radio. There's also an option "AP Isolation". You MUST enable this, or your Wifi router will stay invisible on your laptop, even though all other options are correctly configured. When AP Isolation is enabled, choose a form of encryption that your laptop supports. Fill in the password and do the same on your laptop. You can now connect.
Very good and very versatile router that has many functions. The user manual coould have been way better, because it's very unclear about how to get the router to work with a common laptop. Leaving AP Isolation out of the manual is a major drawback, because people will throw the router out of the window because of this.
All in all, a very good router, once you have it working. Like i said: rock-stable, small, and doesn't get warm.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.