write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Best cheap torch lighter – Steel Butane Jet Torch Lighter Reviews

posted by Hasjroker on 08/17/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
First of all it's just a really cheap lighter compared to what you pay in regular shops, and even on DX this is one of the cheaper jet torches. Even though, it works perfectly. Also it doesn't use much gas, I use it daily and I fill it up once a week. I've had this lighter for about 18 months now and it still works fine. I haven't had a lighter, let alone a jet torch that has lasted that long. No real need to be careful with it either, there's no weak spots to be found. (it also came with gas for me, so it worked straight away)
Cons:
One problem I did have at first was finding the perfect setting for the gas valve. I eventually just turned it up a little making the flame quite large, but this way it never fails. Another problem was refilling the lighter. For some reason it won't work with some brand of extra purified butane we have here. However when I got regular as cheap as possible gas it refilled perfectly.
Other:
The cap on top of the lighter sometimes grabs your cigarette or whatever you could be lighting making it a bit nasty, but if you slam it on a table a couple of times all the ash will come out and it'll work nicely again.
Bottomline:
If you're looking for a cheap small jet torch that won't break, this is what you're looking for :)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections