DX  » Community » Reviews » C-Media CM108 Virtual 7.1-Surround USB 2.0 External Sound Card with Hardware Volume Control and Mute
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
It's a great product – C-Media CM108 Virtual 7.1-Surround USB 2.0 External Sound Card with Hardware Volume Control and Mute Reviews

posted by Kicknic on 12/29/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
-Good sound quality with very little static.
-No software or extra fuss required. Just plug it in and start using it.
Cons:
-Build quality isn't great. The casing was loose out of the box, the plastic is cheap and it's held together with crappy thin pegs. I feel like it would shatter into many pieces if it were to fall off my desk.
-Price could be a bit lower.
Other:
-Picked this up because the jacks on my laptop ceased to work and thus I need the external sound card to use headphones. I've had it for about half a year now and it has filled its purpose well.
Bottomline:
I may have made it sound like junk but it's really not. Before I picked this up, I scanned every type of this item that DX has and this one easily had the best comments and reviews. I would agree with all of those people. It's a great product. Flimsy, but still provides quality sound at a decent price. Maybe just also pick up some glue to ensure it stays together.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections