DX  » Community » Reviews » Translucent 2*AA-to-D Battery Converter Cases (2-Pack)
Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:606 (60%)
  • 4 Star:303 (30%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:101 (10%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

90% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Better 2-AA than 1-D

posted by ManoRAW on 02/10/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -2xAA batteries (parallel work); -all size AA batteries mounting (any height AA batteries); -not bad plastic material; -easy mount or umount batteries; -CHEAP.
    Cons:
    no cons for me / also for this money.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Takes two AAs.

posted by dleex on 02/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It holds two AAs but can also work with one AA if less capacity is required. The volume pricing is nice if you need many.
    Cons:
    The thin molded plastic hinges and latch look weak. Also, it takes my bad eyes and fat fingers a few seconds to find and open t...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    works perfect

posted by carlo1967 on 01/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - easy to use - works perfect, saves expensive D-cells - the price is very good, less then 2 euro´s for a pack of 2. In the Netherlands you pay over 10 euro for just 1.
    Cons:
    - there are no + and - signs on the converter cases, this can get you confused on how to put the batteries in.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Idea to save in batteries

posted by garfpt on 08/18/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It will save you money because D-size batteries are expensive and AA-size one are very inexpensive. It's 4 converters, so it will be enough to anyone. I use these converters on my flashlight and it works great.
    Cons:
    The plastic of the hinge is a little too weak, but with careful you should make them last. My flashlight works great with these...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Don't buy - better versions available

posted by ripmyundies on 01/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Low cost...not much else...
    Cons:
    I have purchased many of these converters from other place with different designs. These ones are garbage. The receiving conn...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Spend a few to save a few

posted by ThirtyPCA on 08/25/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    D batteries are considerably more expensive than AA batteries, so in the long term you'll save money powering your electronics by purchasing these. These are also good if you use D batteries infrequently but usually have AAs on hand.
    Cons:
    The hinges on the bottom seem rather thin an flimsy as others have commented. If it breaks, though, nothing a spot of tape won'...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    You can use cheaper AA instead of D cells

posted by c654321c on 04/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    You can use cheaper AA batteries instead of D cells. You can but a bunch of AA NiMh batteries instead of buying all different sizes. This adapter takes 2 AA in parallel to double the capacity to act more like a D cell.
    Cons:
    The hinge seems flimsy and will break after a few uses. The plastic is flimsy and will crack if you drop the item that house t...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Substitute For "D" Size Cells

posted by 74Sharps on 01/20/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great alternative to using "D" size cells. Much better than the single "AA" version. Twice the capacity. Easy to load and unload the "AA" cells. The end "snaps" securely.
    Cons:
    I do not know how long the hinges will last. They are pretty thin. I am sure they will last a while though. For some "D" siz...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Only if you need them

posted by FlightInWinter on 07/31/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    These convert 2 AA batteries to a D-Cell whereas sku.22596 converts 1 AA battery to a D-Cell. These will give you more amperage capacity.
    Cons:
    The plastic hinge feels REAL cheap and I doubt that it will hold up to much of anything. The batteries wobble inside until yo...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great

posted by blacklung000 on 06/09/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Chuck in 2 AA rechargeable and you got a D cell rechargable - not sure of the capacities of D cell but the ease of using AAs surely offsets it. Quick and easy to insert AAs Feels like decent build quality - the clip that holds the lid down seems lke it shou...
    Cons:
    They were cheaper when i bought mine, other than that they are fine
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections