DX  » Community » Reviews » Guitar Metronome Tone Tuner (1*CR2032)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Okay Tuner, but no Metronome Function – Guitar Metronome Tone Tuner (1*CR2032) Reviews

posted by Lightfan99 on 02/02/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
:First of all, I should say that I am very much a beginner on guitar. I played for a short while several years ago, and I'm just picking it up after a long time. So please consider my comments in that context. --- Pretty good price! Very solidly built. I was pretty impressed by this -- especially considering the price. --- There are two 'led-type' indicator 'scales'. The first one indicates which string it is analyzing, and the second one indicates whether your string is tuned too high or too low. You then adjust the tension of your strings accordingly. The clamp holds the tuner securely to the guitar head, yet the dense rubber pads on the clamps prevent any damage to the guitar. Also, the unit swivels freely on its clamp, so that you can orient it properly --- depending on if you are left-handed or right-handed. --- PS. All LED indicator lights are red, except the LED that comes on when the turning is correct. ...IT'S GREEN.
Cons:
This is not really a con, just a caution about tuning. I previously used an analog tuner, which allowed me to adjust the tension of my guitar strings 'dynamically' --- that is, as I was plucking the string. (The needle of the analogue gauge would move to the centre when the tuning was right.) However, this tuner doesn't seem to work that way --- or, at least, it did not work that way for me. Instead, for proper tuning results, it was necessary for me to muffle the string and wait for the tuner to 'zero' or 'reset' before adjusting the tension and testing the string again. So, it takes a bit longer to tune the guitar.
Other:
My old analog tuner tuned by the 'sound' produced by the guitar, whereas this tunes by the 'vibration' detected in the guitar head. The advantage of this method is that you can tune a guitar in a noisy environment where you might not have been able to do so with an analog 'sound' tuner. (Due to the interference of other sounds around you.)
Bottomline:
I'm pleased with my purchase. I highly recommend it.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections