DX  » Community » Reviews » Professional Thermal Heat-Sink Compound with Injection Tube (30g)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Does what it's supposed to – Professional Thermal Heat-Sink Compound with Injection Tube (30g) Reviews

posted by asdasd123123 on 01/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This is just regular white thermal goop. Does what it's supposed to, and has no traces of conducting materials. Using this instead of silver paste reduced temps with 10c on my 3,6ghz q6600 Using this on my 4870 Radeon removed the artifacting I had with silver paste.
Cons:
Arrives quite runny, and had a red tint, something I noticed on another batch from DX. Proved not to be an issue, it's actually so fresh it hasn't set, after opening the tube once it hardened to a "normal" consistency.
Other:
Just regular white gunk like this is in my opinion FAR superior to all these ridiculous silver/copper/ceramic pastes. It was invented and made non-conducting, non-capacitative, non-abrasive for a reason, and a GOOD one. In fact, the silver paste I used previously, had actually migrated OFF the cpu, just like other times with custom paste.
Bottomline:
It's dirt cheap, can't be bought in Jönköping, Sweden any more. Replaces the dangerous conductive or abrasive pastes and with absolutely minimal loss in thermals. Abrasive pastes will ruin exposed glass cores sooner or later, and conductive pastes may short circuit miniature resistors on your electronics.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections