DX  » Community » Reviews » EU.MARK PCMCIA Cardbus 10/100M RJ45 Ethernet Network Adapter For Laptop
Sort by:
5 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:804 (80%)
  • 4 Star:201 (20%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very useful for old hardware

posted by emolfi2 on 08/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    * It's cheap. * Arrived boxed. * Works even with Windows95 installing the drivers. * Windows XP detects and installs it inmediately. * Based on RT8139 chipset which is widely supported. * PCI VEN: 10EC DEV: 8139 * Two round leds. RED connect and GREEN...
    Cons:
    * Not really, but the to me the rounded plastic part and the leds look a bit ugly.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works well for packet capture

posted by dingram17 on 08/27/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Drivers were not required with Windows 7 and the card 'just worked'. The capture speeds with Wireshark are good and agree with the onboard PCI Ethernet card. The RTL8139 is a fairly dumb chipset, but this means that it captures VLAN (802.1Q) tags.
    Cons:
    No manual to speak of, but nothing really stands out.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    it save my laptop...

posted by othar on 08/10/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    the network socket of my laptop was dead and the speed of the WIFI is not good for large files. the card come alone in a box.. no drivers.. i plug it in the computer (it's a old DELL with windows Xp service pack 2) and it work as a charm.. simple as that ze...
    Cons:
    no cons for me... it's a standard chip ( RLT8129 ) so no need for drivers - perfect for what i need - price is ok for my countr...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good simple adapter for low price

posted by maksimO on 11/12/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Just works. Applied it to revive an ancient notebook lacking on-board LAN port for using it as a kind of "bedside terminal" and ebook. 0.00% of lost packets during an half-an-hour testing.
    Cons:
    While GNU/Linux just plugged-and-played it, MS Windows 98 made me to meddle with searching and installing driver for an hour or...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great

posted by zoriksh on 06/22/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great deal. The package came very fast. Comes in a small box and a clear plastic shrink wrapping. Detects and installs smoothly on Win2k w\o SP.
    Cons:
    I had some problems with Win98SE, had to download drivers from Realtek Website. After that all went well.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections