DX  » Community » Reviews » VTB-60 Solar Panel Self-Recharge Bluetooth Carkit Speakerphone Handsfree with Caller ID Display
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Works Well, Always Charged – Solar Panel Self-Recharge Bluetooth Carkit Speakerphone Handsfree with Caller ID Display Reviews

posted by Festus on 05/22/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Easily charged whether by the sun, car or via PC USB. Handy clip for sunshade leaves it conveniently placed to charge and use with reasonably voice quality and loudness. Easy to hear in the car and from the other end of the phone conversation when the unit is positioned on the sunshade directly above the user.
Digital readout easily read and with a large operating button.
Cons:
Some features aren't intuitive and may be a little confusing - reading the manual is a must for full use of all the features.
Sunshade clip positions the unit for best vocals and clear sight of the readout, but with the solar panel hidden from the sun. Has to be unclipped to recharge using the sun.
Side mounted volume and on/off buttons take a little getting used to since their labels are effectively concealed when in the clip.
Other:
A simple hinged clip allowing the solar panel side to swing out into the sun would be better than pulling the present tight fitting clip off every time you park in the sun.
Although I had a little trouble figuring out some features, and forget how between uses, my wife uses it in her car all the time and she ordered another for her boss. If I didn't have a (always flat!) earclip Bluetooth already, I'd get one for myself.
Bottomline:
Handy and effective even for frequent use, although a built-in unit is no doubt best in a car or truck.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections