DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire WF-008 Recoil Thrower Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A)
Sort by:
29 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5215 (52%)
  • 4 Star:216 (21%)
  • 3 Star:175 (17%)
  • 2 Star:72 (7%)
  • 1 Star:31 (3%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

90% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    MEGA LONG THROW!!!

posted by sakachispas on 07/28/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    excellent built quality,light weight,easy to use and this light is the daddy of the throw,plus you can't beat dx price you wont get anything better under $50
    Cons:
    3 modes not really a con but a 1 mode might be usefull, not really a con either but it is a thrower nothin else if you need a f...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Amazing throw

posted by fdaniel on 03/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    + Range of the beam is simply amazing for the size of the flashlight + Compact + Good price
    Cons:
    - LED has a blueish tint - Square-shaped beam - Not very polyvalent - Threadings are a bit rough, screwing them is not very ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent thrower

posted by TaaJau on 01/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    * It looks very good and qualitative! (looks like a steel) * O-rings are everywhere where needed. * Slightly brighter than C30 or X2000. * Q5 emitter with a nice white light (not bluish) * Hot-spot is a more even than zoomable flashlights hot-spot (does...
    Cons:
    * about quality of the product, I have nothing bad to say, it is great! about other things a few small cons ... * Hot-spot co...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good thrower

posted by mameluco on 12/11/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    1. It has a decent price (not cheap but decent). 2. Its 3 modes: lo/hi/strobe 3. Throw is quite impressive, over 120 meters in total darkness. 4. White light, not blueish as many others here.
    Cons:
    1. Has many artifacts. 2. Led wasnt correctly aligned. 3. There were no thermal paste in the led. 4. Stock driver was pullin...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    packs a punch!!!

posted by Quebecer on 10/12/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -produces an intense beam with far throw -considering its output, this torch is lightweight! -solid construction and cool design -low and high setting nice(also stobe, but not a plus, for me anyways)
    Cons:
    its hard on batteries after continious use at high setting (30min) intesity dimishes fast afterwards. but for moderate use, ba...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Impressive Thrower

posted by ariesarietis on 10/04/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very tight Beam! I also had the oportunity to compare it with the SKU 18844 UltraFire UF-007 and I would say they are absolutly the SAME bright and tight beamed. (I'll post pictures) Good construction and light for a 18650 powered.
    Cons:
    The 3-Mode! If you take less than 20sec in on-off-on it will change mode. Very anoing if you are using it as a tactical light....
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright Light, OK Build Quality

posted by FLjunkie on 09/25/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very, Very bright. Tight focused beam. Good feel in the hand. Long run time on a single charge on rechargeable 18650. Nice glass front lens.
    Cons:
    Finicky on batteries. Mine ran OK on 123a's, likes 18650's better. It would NOT turn on when the battery was first installed so...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    excelent surprise

posted by renatofuzz on 09/02/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    incredibly powerful. Good construction. A very good surprise. the light is concentraded and it does go far. aluminum body. Very good to ride your bik with and having it in your car. I am very satisfied with this buying! I am almost reaching the 500 characte...
    Cons:
    none
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Update to previous review

posted by eloi8 on 09/01/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Update to previous review- The light output was pretty low when I wrote my previous review, since then I bought some new batteries from DX (sku.20392) to replace the very cheap UltraFire ones I had and found that with the new batteries the torch is quite a...
    Cons:
    Same as before, except it is a better thrower and light with the new batteries. Still not near 230 lumens though.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    disappointing!

posted by vickers214 on 08/31/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Well its a very nice looking flashlight, even if it is not the same as the one pictured here!please see other comments
    Cons:
    LED sitting at bad angle on emitter arm, no memory on the 3!!!!!!! modes it has and it says it is a 1 mode, i hate strobes and ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections