DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire WF-008 Recoil Thrower Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great value, great throw, well made light – Ultrafire WF-008 Recoil Thrower Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A) Reviews

posted by Fenring on 02/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Wow, this torch really throws a long way! The beam is just like an aspheric - you get the square shape of the LED projected onto your target. I got this light for mounting on a rifle - it's great for that! You can easily identify and shoot a target at over 100 metres with this light. It throws a good 50% further than my smooth reflector Eagletac T100C2. Build quality is quite good - though the O rings are a bit small and fragile - the front one tore when I removed the head to grease the threads (which are dry as delivered) Runtime is great - over three hours no problems on a single Ultrafire 18650. The light looks great and feels great in the hand. Switch works just fine.
Cons:
A momentary switch would be nice, and mine's missing the GITD spot on the front of the LED mount (no big deal...)
Other:
Bottomline:
This light is exceptional value and does what it's supposed to - throws a long, tight beam and has a good runtime.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections