DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire WF-008 Recoil Thrower Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great product – Ultrafire WF-008 Recoil Thrower Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A) Reviews

posted by Chickenthief on 06/10/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Excellent build quality. Machining and surface treatment is top notch.
A great thrower and nothing more. Forget using this as a normal flashlight, it has zero spill and a very focused beam with a narrow spread.
Cons:
Mine has a bent post for the led. It is bad! So I cant understand how it got past quality control. But nonetheless it performs well and the general build quality is excellent, and by far surpasses other Ultrafire flashlights I own.
The other issue I have is that mine is without regulation and as a consequence it will not accept 2 x CR123A batteries. I tried it and talk about an angry blue LED!!!
Other:
I think Ultrafire makes more model variations of this light and as a result they sometimes mix up deliveries and thats why I have receieved a model without regulation.
Bottomline:
Great light but only for distant lighting.
The beam is less than a square meter at 10 meters distance and the useful spill is about zero.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections