Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Good and sturdy build quality
- Red LED to know if it's well plugged
- Will work almost everywhere
- Almost secure, only unlocked plugs are in electrical contact
- Not suitable for laptops
- Europe plug is not protected (look at the pictures, it should be half protected with plastic like the UK plug)
- Could be dangerous if you unlock two different adapters at the same time
- It's a bit hard to push an adapter back to it's locked position
- No earth plug
Beware, never unlock two adapters at the same time and plug one of them, if you touch the other you will get an electric shock.
You can plug almost anything in the female side, even 16A european plugs. But that's not a good idea, as this adapter is only designed for 10A and it doesn't connect the earth plug. I'll advise not to plug your laptop in this thing.
A good product for simple appliances.
I opened it and there is a blue component CNR-07D471K inside, connected between live and neutral. It's a metal oxide varistor. I think it could help for surge protection but it's not really a surge.
Mine didn't come with the small pouch which is on the pictures, not even a box, just bare.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.