DX  » Community » Reviews » Motion Activated Green LED Wheel Lights for Bikes and Cars (2-Pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Very nice light! – Motion Activated Green LED Wheel Lights for Bikes and Cars (2-Pack) Reviews

posted by Caligi on 04/12/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Good construction, the base (silver part) is metal and not plastic, the light part is a thick plastic and should be durable. Is bright at nighttime, fit on a north american bicycle with no alteration. Comes with the batteries and there is 2 light units which is perfect for a bike.
Cons:
None that I can think of. I'm sure there is no issues legally with having these on a bicycle, but your jurisdiction may have laws against having this on a car or motor vehicle, research your laws beforehand.
Other:
I bought a few different types of wheel lights from Deal Extreme, and these are visually the best ones I've tested so far. It creates a neon green glow ring around the tire as you ride which is very well seen at night, which is good as a safety measure for cyclists. It is very well made, the base and screw part is metal, and has a rubber ring to make it weather resistant. I don't know how long the batteries would last since it activates when the bike is in motion (even during the day), but get a few packs of batteries from here and put it in your order. If you have kids, it would be advisable to put these on their bikes to make them more visible.
Bottomline:
A great price and very well made, I highly reccomend this product for any avid cyclist.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections