DX  » Community » Reviews » Customizable Text Dot-Matrix LED Scrolling Message Display Cap (Red Light)
Sort by:
10 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:303 (30%)
  • 4 Star:606 (60%)
  • 3 Star:101 (10%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Incredibly Fun !!!

posted by VitoLaDevene on 01/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This hat is a bargain! For only 10 buck or so you have a fully custumizable cap. Differents scrolling text option. Very fun for special events or party.
    Cons:
    May be a bit hard to to configure the first time of use but one you understand how.. it pretty easy.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fun cap to have!

posted by believer11 on 11/21/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -It as an attractive cap with the customised LED red light on the cap -The LED text can be taken out from the cap -Good to wear the cap when going for party, doing charity, selling things for charity as it attracts attention -Bright LED light -Good to use f...
    Cons:
    -Build quality of cap is average and is a little of shape -Tedious to insert the customised text as buttons as really small and...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good fun for a reasonable price

posted by Damacho on 10/28/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    * The cap itself seems to be build well enough. * The message is clear, the speed used to run the message across the screen (3 characters at a time) is nicely paced. * Price makes it a good gift item
    Cons:
    * Setting up the messages is a crime. * The on/off button is on the inside of the cap, on the printboard, which made it hard to...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A bit of light hearted nonsense :-)

posted by TugTellum56 on 09/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This is a great little piece of nonsense that has no practical use whatsoever, but is a bucket of fun to make your friends laugh and jealous at the same time. The trick is, do not tell them where you got it. If you can be a little bit imaginative when compo...
    Cons:
    Very basic actions for programming, without the ability to edit. If you make a mistake, you have to start again :-(. The instru...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    SO FUN!

posted by alter on 08/12/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very cheap for what you get! Very easy to use. Just remove it and use the three buttons. It has 6 memory locations so you can store several messages. I have never entered the maximum message length. Really fun to have (geeky toy). Use as a crown for various...
    Cons:
    None that i can think of.. except maybe the build quality. Some of hte display modes don't really work well. Like the scroll ve...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    VERY COOL GADJET

posted by Maggie20 on 03/11/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very cool cap. The dots are VERY bright. I think the price is very reasonable. one of the coolest gadgets from Deal extreme. I got it really fast in the post. It came in a flat bubbled envelope but it was ok. I gave it to my husband as a present an...
    Cons:
    Setting up the messages is REALLY REALLY DIFFICULT. You have to keep pushing the tiny little dots until you get the right let...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice!

posted by BiffM on 12/09/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Mine works very well, a little tricky to get the LED display out of the holder but a little elbow grease did the trick. Works as described. I was a little hesitant about only 3 characters at once but the scroll works very well and you don't notice it.
    Cons:
    A bit confusing at first but the directions are actually very well done. Hard to mess up with only 3 buttons.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    >> SO COOL >>

posted by Original36 on 06/15/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    ITS SO COOL ! The hat is plane black The message is clear and readable Good thing there are 6 messages to remember
    Cons:
    Hard to switch on/off Very hard to change the messages or modes, and it is too easy to erase former messages (no undo, no backs...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good for dance

posted by boogeyman2009 on 06/03/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Is of very good quality cotton. It is verry funny. La calidad de del algond y esteticamente se ve biem. Es muy divertido
    Cons:
    It just too fast and the battery takes 2. It is very difficult to change words. My fingers were hurt by the push. Las baterias ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good item Nothing more than "Okay"

posted by JulesC on 05/28/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I love the cap : - It is easy to program and to use = ) - It is cool and bright ! - It's possible to program 6 messages - You have all kind of cool icons smily's etc --> It is awsome in dark places like disco's =) The first time i recieved it was br...
    Cons:
    Some times the led thing falls out of the cap ( A pity that it isn't fully conected ) - You can't type the messages on your pc...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections