DX  » Community » Reviews » Professional Premium Precision Phone Disassembly Tool (7-Piece Set)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Works great on GPS as well as phones! – Professional Premium Precision Phone Disassembly Tool (7-Piece Set) Reviews

posted by Codehunter on 04/22/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
These tools work great for disassembling all sorts of products that use snap clips to hold them together! I have been using them to disassemble Garmin and other GPSs.
Cons:
You need to know how to use them. I am glad I bought more than one set as one tool got mangled. My friend tried to open his Garmin GPS and used the green tool more as a pry bar instead of a clip release. If you use them correctly, they should last you a little while for light to moderate use.
Other:
Use the tool by slipping it straight into the crack in the device and rock it a little alson the line of the crack. If the tab doesnt pop, try the other way (rotate the tool 180) and rock it again. Don't twist the tool as this will warp the tool head into a mangled s pattern. Remember you are trying to release the clips under the case not prying apart the case.
Bottomline:
These tools come in real handy. Add them to your tool kit along with the other one on DX to get the screwdrivers and extra tools.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections