• Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Quality at price point – Digital 150mm Caliper Reviews

posted by Steelwolf on 08/26/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
As the others noted, it feels well-built. Does not feel cheap or flimsy at all. Large screen. Auto-off, manual on. (Had a different one where the slightest change in the slider position would cause it to wake up and start reading. Always activated by accident in the case and ran down the batteries quickly because it had no auto-off). Mine came with 2 replacement cells. These digital calipers also have a port which allows you to connect some sort of cable, probably for data logging.
Cons:
Data logging cable does not come with it. But how many of us use these calipers for data logging, or have the programs or machines for it anyway? Other than that, no Cons yet.
Other:
We have other cheap calipers of similar price point and similar new feel that are starting to go a little funny after 1 yrs use. (Industrial environment, prototyping workshop, daily multiple use. Funny as in the numbers blink, reading is unstable and sometimes resets to some ridiculous number.) Cleaning battery contacts and putting in fresh batteries seem to help for a little while, but it has probably reached the end of its life. But at this price point, we always keep a few spares anyway. Also, other reviewers mentioned problems with the battery cover and the case. I must be lucky. My case closes firmly and well and feels nearly indestructible, while the battery cover catches tightly without being excessively difficult to remove.
Bottomline:
Quality product even at this cheap price point. Good repeatability, fairly good accuracy.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections